Move over pizza—there’s a new deep dish in town. Juicy apples baked in sweet cinnamon will have everyone begging for seconds of this scrumptious pie.
- 7 large Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
- 6 tbsp. chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks chilled butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C. Cut apples into ½″/1.25 cm pieces.
- In the UltraPro 2-Qt./2 L Casserole Pan mix together apples, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt until well combined. Microwave on high power 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in butter pieces with a pastry blender, or rub butter and flour mixture between fingers until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- Remove pan from microwave. Sprinkle topping evenly over top of apples. Place pan in oven. Bake 12 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, up to three days.
• 1 tsp. dried thyme
• 1 tsp. dried sage
• 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
• 1 (2–3 lb./1–1.3 kg) whole chickenDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 425° F/218° C. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine butter, thyme, sage, rosemary, garlic, and salt.
3. Rub 2 tbsp. of butter mixture over chicken skin. Rub remaining butter under the skin and inside the chicken cavity.
4. Place chicken in roasting pan, breast side up. Microwave on high power 17 minutes. Remove from microwave, baste chicken with pan drippings; transfer pan to oven. Bake 17 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature registers 160° F/70° C on an instant read thermometer.
5. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.