Nothing tops off a satisfying meal like coffee and a sweet, crumbly dessert. Raspberry preserves and fresh blueberries.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend.
- 1/8 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry perserves
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- Place butter in 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher and microwave on high power 20 seconds or until melted.
- In medium bowl, combine melted butter, sugars, seasoning blend, salt and cake flour. Stir set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F/ 175° C.
- In 1-cup/250 mL Micro Pitcher, warm raspberry preserves by microwaving on high power 20-30 seconds.
- Place blueberries in medium bowl.
- Pour warm preserves over berries; set aside.
- Use room temperature butter to coat UltraPro 3.5-Qt./3.3 L Lasagna Pan, set aside.
- In 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher, microwave 3/4 cup butter on high power 1 minute or until melted. Pour into base of Power Chef® System, set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, combine flour. baking soda, salt and sugar; set aside.
- Add buttermilk and eggs to melted butter in Power Chef® base fitted with the paddle attachment. Replace cover and pull cord 3-4 times to mix.
- Gradually add flour mixture to liquids in base of Power Chef® System, pulling 3-4 times to mix.
- Pour batter into lasagna pan. Spoon berry mixture over cake batter, followed by topping mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into cake.
If you do not have cake flour, similar results can be achieved by removing 2 tbsp. of flour per cup of flour, adding 2 tbsp. of cornstarch, then sifting.
¾ cup softened butter
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. espresso powder
2 tbsp. cold water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powderFilling
1½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. cold water1. Preheat oven to 325° F/162° C.
2. In Thatsa® Medium Bowl, mix sugar, butter, salt and espresso powder using spatula, until well combined.
3. Add egg, water, vanilla and mix until well incorporated. Then add flour, cocoa powder and mix until a stiff dough forms.
4. Scoop dough using a teaspoon and place on Silicone Wonder® Mat, placed on baking sheet. Flatten dough using the bottom of a Snack Cup. Repeat process until all dough is used up. Bake for 15 minutes; allow cookies to cool before removing from Silicone Wonder® Mat.To make filling:
1. Place shortening in base of Power Chef® System fitted with paddle attachment, replace cover and pull cord until smooth. Add powdered sugar, ½-cup at a time, until mixture is well combined. Add remaining ingredients, replace cover and pull cord until mixture is smooth.
2. To assemble cookies, place 1 tsp. filling in center of cookie and place another cookie on top. Squeeze to distribute the filling evenly. Repeat with remaining cookies. Store in airtight container.