Bring the grilling indoors and forget the (sun) burn! The modified Montreal seasoning we’ve created for this delicious steak is based on pickling spices from Eastern European recipes.
- Zest of 2 limes, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 8 oz./225 g frozen strawberries, thawed (about 12 strawberries)
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. tequila, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- In a small bowl, mix together half of the lime zest, salt and sugar; set aside.
- In the base of the Power Chef® System, add strawberries, 1 tbsp. of the sugar mixture, water and 1 tbsp. of tequila. Cover and pull cord until strawberries are pureed; set aside.
- Cover remaining sugar mixture and set aside.
- In the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher, stir together orange juice, remaining tequila and remaining lime zest.
- In each of the Lollitups® Freezable Forms, add 2 tbsp. of the orange juice mixture and top with 2 tbsp. of the strawberry mixture. Seal and freeze overnight.
- Remove Lollitups from freezer. Remove ice pops, one at a time, from mold and dip one side in the remaining sugar mixture; serve immediately.
• 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
• 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
• 1 large NY strip steak, outer fat trimmed, cut into cubes
• 1 tbsp. cornstarch
• ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. onion powder
• 1/4 tsp. ground corianderDirections:
1. In the base of the MicroPro™ Grill, add onions and sprinkle ¼ tsp. of the salt. Place cover on top of onions in the grilling position. Microwave on high power 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Meanwhile in a second medium bowl, stir together steak cubes, cornstarch, remaining salt, pepper, onion powder and coriander until steak is well coated.
3. In the base of the MicroPro™ Grill, place steak cubes in an even layer. Place cover on top of steak in the grilling position. Microwave 3 minutes or until steak is medium to medium-rare and caramelized. Transfer steak to bowl with onions, toss to combine. Serve warm.