Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a yummy side to a hearty dinner, Steamed Stuffed Artichokes can be ready for your family to enjoy, cooked in just 20 minutes.
- ¼ + ⅛ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 globe artichokes, trimmed, cut in half
- ½ fresh lemon
- 2 cups Italian or sour dough bread cubes, crust removed
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced black olives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Fill water tray to minimum fill line and add salt to the Tupperware® SmartSteamer water tray.
- Remove the two bottom rows of leaves from each artichoke half. Scoop choke from the center of artichokes, rub cut edges with lemon. Place artichokes in Tupperware® SmartSteamer casserole tray, cut side up. Stack casserole tray above water tray; place cover on Tupperware® SmartSteamer. Microwave on high power 5 minutes. Remove from microwave, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together bread cubes, olive oil, olives, garlic, and 1/8 tsp. coarse kosher salt. Press bread cubes together until moist; divide into 4 equal portions.
- Stuff bread into cut side of each artichoke half, gently pressing bread into the cavity and allowing excess to sit on top of artichoke.
- Place cover on top of the Tupperware® SmartSteamer and microwave 15 minutes or until artichokes are soft, and bottom leaves are easily removed.
Store, reheat and serve in Vent ’N Serve® Containers.
• 4 mild Italian sausage links, cut in half
• 2 small ears shucked corn, cut in half
• 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
• 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
• ½ small garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tbsp. honeyDirections:1. Fill water tray to minimum fill line and add salt to the TupperWare® SmartSteamer water tray. Pierce sausage in several places with tines of a fork or sharp knife.
2. In the base of the TupperWare® SmartSteamer casserole tray, add sausage. Place lid on top of TupperWare® SmartSteamer, microwave on high power 6 minutes. Remove from microwave, add corn and potatoes. Replace lid, microwave on high power 12 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender and sausage is opaque in the middle.
3. Meanwhile, make the honey butter. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic and honey until well combined. Add salt to taste.
4. Transfer corn, sausage and sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Toss with honey butter until butter has melted. Serve warm.