Turn blah salads into aha with the Mandoline. Every bite is a slice of fresh, making this light recipe the perfect accompaniment to your summer meal.
- • 1 large onion, peeled, sliced thin
- • 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
- • 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- • 1 large NY strip steak, outer fat trimmed, cut into cubes
- • 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- • ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- • 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1. In the base of the MicroPro™ Grill, add onions and sprinkle ¼ tsp. of the salt. Place cover on top of onions in the grilling position. Microwave on high power 4 minutes. Remove from microwave and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile in a second medium bowl, stir together steak cubes, cornstarch, remaining salt, pepper, onion powder and coriander until steak is well coated.
- 3. In the base of the MicroPro™ Grill, place steak cubes in an even layer. Place cover on top of steak in the grilling position. Microwave 3 minutes or until steak is medium to medium-rare and caramelized. Transfer steak to bowl with onions, toss to combine. Serve warm.
• 1 large yellow squash, ends trimmed
• 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro
• ¼ of small red onion, peeled
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 tsp. poppy seeds, toastedDirections:
1. Using the Mandoline with round knob at #2 and the triangular knob at #6, slice thin strips of zucchini and squash. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and toss with ¼ tsp. of salt. Let stand 10 minutes; drain liquid.
2. In the bowl of the Chop ’N Prep™ Chef, add lemon juice, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, cilantro, red onion, honey and remaining salt. Pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat.
3. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Sprinkle with poppy seeds before serving.