You know you shouldn’t have it, but that makes you want it even more. At times, you find yourself craving it…even yearning for it.
We’re talking about CHOCOLATE.
Which makes today a special one for all you chocoholics out there. It’s World Chocolate Day, and what better way to celebrate than by trying a few of our simple, chocolatey recipes?
We promise they’ll leave you and the kiddos feeling like you just walked out of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory!
Yields: 12 truffles
1 ripe avocado
¾ cup chocolate chips, melted
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup shredded coconut or desired toppings
- Place chocolate chips in the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher, microwave on high power 1 minute 10 seconds.
- Stir chocolate with Silicone Spatula until all chocolate is fully melted.
- Place all ingredients except shredded coconut or other desired toppings in base of the Power Chef® System fitted with paddle attachment. Replace cover and pull cord until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Remove paddle, cover and place in freezer 15–30 minutes or refrigerate 4 hours.
- Scoop 1″/2.5 cm balls using a tablespoon and roll until smooth.
- Place shredded coconut or desired toppings in shallow plate and roll each ball until covered.
- Enjoy immediately or store truffles in Tupperware container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
3 Ingredient Ice Cream
Yields: 8 servings
1 (14-oz./415 g) can condensed milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups chocolate chips
- Place chocolate chips in 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher and microwave on high power 30 seconds at a time for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until fully melted.
- Stir in condensed milk and mix until fully combined.
- Place heavy cream into base of Power Chef® System System fitted with paddle attachment, cover and pull cord several times until fluffy but not fully whipped.
- Fold heavy cream into chocolate mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour into a Freezer-It® PLUS Container and freeze 6 hours or overnight.
¼ cup honey
4 tbsp. coconut oil
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher.
- Microwave on high power 30 seconds. Whisk to combine.
Use for ice cream as a magic shell or to dip fruit. Refrigerate any unused portion and heat up to loosen.
Yields: 8 pieces
Serving size: 1 piece
1 cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
⅛ tsp. salt
½ cup canola oil
1 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter into greased TupperWave® Stack Cooker cover.
- Microwave on high power 6 minutes.
Cook: 9 minutes
1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
1 cup all-purpose flour
2–4 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C.
- In medium bowl, using the Silicone Spatula, combine chocolate-hazelnut spread, egg and flour. Add milk until dough is sticky.
- On baking sheet lined with Silicone Wonder® Mat, scoop out dough, form 2″/5 cm balls and bake 9 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Written by: Alexis Johnson