Ravioli can be filled with all sorts of yummy things: mushrooms, cheese, sausage, lobster and even chocolate. Our recipe gives you a little bit of everything, including a perfect blend of sweet and savory that is sure to please both your taste buds and your stomach.
Although this recipe is called “autumn ravioli,” the leaves don’t need to be brown for you whip up this delicious dish. Your Microwave Pasta Cooker isn’t just for dried pasta—it works well with refrigerated versions, as well. Pick up a package of butternut squash ravioli at your local grocery store and get ready to wow your friends and family with this delicious autumnally themed recipe that combines buttermilk squash with savory sage and browned butter.
- 8-oz./225 g package refrigerated butternut squash ravioli
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in Microwave Pasta Maker 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Combine honey and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In fry pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sage and walnuts to melted butter and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta water and boil until reduced by half.
- Add ravioli to the pan, toss to coat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Before serving, drizzle with balsamic and honey mixture.
Note: If butternut squash ravioli are not available, substitute ravioli filled with cheese or wild mushrooms.