Skip your favorite BBQ joint and serve up sliders! They’re a popular trend and these are easy enough for a weekend meal your kids will love but still impressive and delicious enough to serve to guests at a party.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. liquid smoke
- 8 oz./225 g bagged coleslaw mix
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, remove any giblets from the cavity.
- In the shielded colander of the Tupperware® Smart Multi-Cooker, place chicken breast side down. Fill base/water reservoir to maximum fill line for steaming. Place shielded colander on base/water reservoir, cover with shielded cover and microwave on high power 28–30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the breast reaches 165° F/75° C. Remove from microwave, set aside to cool, covered.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, onion powder, salt, pepper and liquid smoke; fold in coleslaw mix. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Shred chicken and place in the Chef Series II 2.6-Qt./2 L Saucepan. Stir in barbeque sauce and seasoning blend. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Spoon chicken onto slider buns and top with coleslaw.
1 cup low-sodium barbeque sauce
1 tsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
1 package slider buns
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
8 oz./225 g bagged coleslaw mix
Rinse chicken under cold running water, remove giblets from cavity and discard. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Place chicken in the Steamer Base breast side down to achieve even cooking. Fill the Water Tray with 1 3/4 cups/400mL water. Place Steamer Base on Water Tray, cover and microwave on high power for 28-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the breast reaches 165° F/75° C.
Allow chicken to cool, covered in the Steamer Base.
Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, onion powder, salt, pepper and liquid smoke in a large bowl. Add coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
Once chicken is cool enough to handle, remove chicken from Steamer Base, remove and discard skin and remove meat from the bone, discarding bones. Shred meat using fingers or two forks and place in suacepan over medium heat. Add barbecue sauce and seasoning blend. Bring to a simmer and stir to combine.
Spoon chicken onto slider buns. Top with coleslaw if desired.