Who says caramel apples are just for the fall? This sweet recipe will be the apple of your eye all year long when you top sugar cookie dough with caramelized apples, dried fruit and a drizzle of royal icing. The contrast of the tart flavor of Granny Smith apples with sugary dough is the perfect complement, while pecans and cranberries add a surprising crunch.
Not only are these treats delicious, but they also are also sweetly simple to make. Purchasing prepackaged cookie dough at the store saves you both time and money and the unique addition of pecans, cranberries and Royal Icing adds a charming, home-made touch. Without a doubt, your guests will be eating this recipe up.
- 16.5-oz./470 g package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped in the Chop ’N Prep Chef
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Cut the cookie dough into ½-inch/1.25 cm slices and lay flat on baking sheet. Bake 12–15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In base of Quick Chef® Pro System, add apples, sugar, orange juice, seasoning and salt. Turn handle to process until finely chopped. Place apple mixture in TupperWave® Stack Cooker 1¾-Qt./1.75 L Casserole, cover and microwave on high power 5 minutes until apples are tender. Set aside to cool. Rinse base of Quick Chef® Pro System under running water.
- Spread cooled cookie with cream cheese. Top with cooled apple mixture and garnish with pecans and dried cranberries. Drizzle with icing.
- In base of Quick Chef® Pro System fitted with paddle whisk attachment, combine powdered sugar, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract. Turn handle to whip until smooth