Chicken Poblano Casserole
- For the Chicken:
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1½ lb. chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1¼ kosher salt, divided
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, finely diced
- For the Sauce
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 1 (7-oz) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- In the base of the Smart Multi-Cooker, add elbow macaroni and ¼ tsp. of the salt. Add water to the max fill line for steaming and stir.
- Place shielded colander into base. Add chicken and sprinkle with remaining salt, stir to distribute. Place shallow colander on top of shielded colander. Add peppers in an even layer. Cover and microwave on high power 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove cover and set aside. Transfer peppers into shielded colander with chicken. Using the shallow colander, drain pasta. Add pasta to chicken and peppers.
- Make the sauce. In the base of the Power Chef™ System fitted with blade attachment, add tomato, chipotle peppers, garlic, cocoa powder, cumin, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Cover and pull cord until well blended and smooth. Transfer sauce to the large Micro Pitcher and microwave 45 seconds on high power. Stir and microwave 45 seconds more. Add sauce to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve warm with your favorite fresh garnishes.