Pasta salad isn’t just for summer—pears, parsnips, walnuts and bleu cheese give this mouthwatering side some winter flair.
- 3/4 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb./455 g bowtie pasta
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and chopped, ¼"/.62 cm pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped, ¼"/.62 cm pieces
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- ½ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400° F/205° C.
- Add water to the pasta maker maximum fill line. Stir in ½ tsp. of the salt and pasta. Microwave on high power 8 minutes. Remove from microwave; drain, set aside.
- Meanwhile, on the UltraPro Oven Plate, arrange radicchio, fennel, pears, and parsnips in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Microwave on high power 3 minutes. Remove from microwave. Place UltraPro pan in oven. Bake 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, and remaining salt. Stir in pasta, vegetables, and walnuts; top with bleu cheese. Serve warm.
• 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
• 3/4 cup rice
• 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
• 1/4 cup parsnip, chopped
• 1/4 cup butternut squash, chopped
• 4 tbsp. butter
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 small garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced1. In the base of the Microwave Rice Maker add water, salt, rice, carrot, parsnip, and butternut squash; stir to combine. Microwave on high heat 5 minutes. Continue to microwave at 50% power 10 minutes more. Remove from microwave, let stand 5 minutes. Transfer rice and vegetables to a large bowl, fluff with fork.
2. Meanwhile in the MicroPitcher add butter, cream, garlic, and thyme. Microwave on high power, 30 seconds, or until butter has melted.
1. Pour butter mixture over rice; toss to coat. Serve warm.