Refresh and rehydrate with a better-than-it looks Watermelon Salad—plus homemade Balsamic Glaze. Invite the neighbors over for a backyard soiree and impress without the stress or mess.
- 1 large watermelon
- 5 oz./142 g spring mix greens
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze, divided
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Slice two 1″ discs from the center of the watermelon. Cut the discs into six wedges.
- Combine mixed greens with 2 tbsp. of balsamic glaze in Thatsa® Bowl. Toss using tongs until evenly distributed.
- Divide mixed greens evenly over the two watermelon wedges.
- Top greens with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with remaining balsamic glaze.
- Pour vinegar into Chef Series 3-Qt./2.8 L Saucepan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 20–30 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Stir in sugar. Let return to a simmer and watch closely until it begins to boil. In about 5–10 minutes it begins to bubble up and it is done, should be able to coat the back of a spatula.
- Let cool to fully thicken and pour into Squeeze It Bottle. Store in refrigerator up to 2–3 months.
5 oz. spring mix greens
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
½ cup pecans, chopped
½ cup strawberries, sliced
¼ cup balsamic glaze, divided1. Slice two 1” discs from the center of the watermelon. Cut into six wedges, keeping them pressed together to form a circle.
2. In large size Thatsa Bowl combine mix greens with 2 tbsp. of balsamic glaze. Toss using KPT tongs until evenly distributed.
3. Divide mix greens evenly over the two watermelon discs. Use remaining ingredients as toppings for both watermelons.
4. Drizzle watermelon with remaining balsamic glaze.